mein missionstagebuch

5.1.09

2008

ok, anothor year has passed.. so get ready for a series of long post dedicated to analyzing it and summing it up. this is primarily for the missions committee, since i know you guys want to know what i do ;-)

in 2008 i set the following goals. the goals will be in italics, and the response underneath:


hope house:

~that we start a regular prayer time as a house
we failed. there were impromptu prayer times between moerssl and i for the house throughout the year, but a collaberation turned out to be rather difficult..

~renovations in the living/dining room (lay a floor mostly) and redo the main kitchen, solve the wet walls and drippy ceilings problem
we succeeded! thanks mostly to my father, who spent his vacation running around the hardware stores of bremen and fixing and building everything on my list and more! the landlord also had the roof redone and a leaky attick window.

~find out about possibility of buying the house
we succeeded.. but despite the offer to buy it, decided against doing so.

~take in at least 4 people for vision purposes, in addition to the other guests.
succeeded and more! We took in 8 guests for vision puposes (10 if you count karo and ben twice since they stayed here two separate times) and 17 people for other reasons (4 of those being my family).

~start the organization
failed.. we didn’t even try. It is too much hassle, everything we found out about it just made it undoable.

~find sponsors specifically for the house
failed.. we found a few prayer supporters, but no one who wants to financially help support the house.

personally:

~to make a full length documentary about the szene for festivals
failed.. my old computer just wasn’t up to the editing task, and my old foot wasn’t up to the walking around town part.

~to attain and maintain physical health
50-50… myhealth is doing better but isn’t completely restored.

~to preach more often
did I not say a number? Darn.. hard to tell. I think I did, though, especially the last few months.

~start a theology masters degree
failed.. but I did do the research involved and have some good ideas where to apply.

~avoid burn-out by getting out of town for at least one day a month, and at least one weekend every three, and at least one week every six- NOT related to ministry in any way.
50-50.. I didn’t break it down exactly the way I planed, but I did manage to get out of Bremen more often than in the past and had a visitor to Bremen that was not ministry related enough to meet my quota of days off.

~that the thing spoken over me by the fijian team come to pass. (hey, every year needs one cryptic one, right?)
:-D JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! It did, Easter Sunday.

and of course, not for me, but... that hans will finally manage to get clean.

Nope.. in fact, haven’t seen much of him. He is in a baaad place.

0 kommentare:

kommentare

<< Home